Jaspr Health is on a mission to reduce death by suicide. We are a Seattle-based company founded and advised by the world’s experts in mental health and behavioral psychology, and our technology is enabling healthcare systems to deliver evidence-based suicide prevention at scale.
Why is our work important? Simply put, hospital emergency departments are the front line to prevent suicide, yet few are equipped for the increasing patient load — 14.5 million behavioral health emergencies per year, growing 12% annually. People in suicide crisis face lengths of stay four times longer than other emergencies. Throughput delays result in costs and lost revenue for hospitals. New regulations and workforce shortages drive health systems’ urgent need for technology solutions.
Jaspr Health’s tablet-based solution transforms hours of waiting into an opportunity for evidence-based interventions, powerful videos of individuals with lived experience to instill hope, a library of comfort and skills exercises, and EHR-integrated assessment to inform disposition decisions. Jaspr targets improved patient outcomes, satisfaction, and throughput ROI.
As a Product Designer at Jaspr, you will work closely with experts in suicide to help define and evolve our clinical and consumer products. You will take proven mental health frameworks and translate them into digital experiences.
The kind of person we want:
- You’re comfortable dealing with subject matter that is complex and emotional
- You’re not afraid to challenge that status quo
- You’re not afraid to stop and raise your hand when you don’t understand something
- You’re always asking… why
- You’re take ownership of opportunities that you see and drive their solutions
- You’re comfortable failing… a lot.
- Design software that will accelerate efficiency in clinical environments
- Design software that will help to educate, empower, form habits, and better the well-being of those facing the risk of suicidal emergencies.
- Learn, understand mental health frameworks, and translate them into an experience.
- Work on native, mobile, and responsive digital experiences
- Function across user-research, interaction design, visual design, product ecosystem and strategy
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, Therapists, and Subject Matter experts.
- Contribute and help build the team’s set of best practices, standards, and guidelines
- Experience in both B2B and B2C product design. Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, HCI, Computer Science or equivalent
- A body of work that demonstrates strong competency in native, web mobile, UX/UI, interaction design
- A body of work that shows strategic thinking
- A strong competency in FIGMA
- Experience with contributing to, organizing, and maintaining design systems
- Familiarity with project management systems such as JIRA, etc
- 5-10 years of working experience required
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org