Jaspr Health is on a mission to help care providers reduce death by suicide. We are a Seattle-based company founded and advised by some of the world’s experts in mental health and behavioral psychology, and we have launched a product that is currently enabling healthcare systems to deliver evidence-based suicide prevention at scale. Our company is growing, and we are now looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team.
Full Stack Developer
What We Do
Hospital emergency departments are the front line to prevent suicide, yet few are equipped for the increasing patient load — 14.5 million behavioral health emergencies per year, growing 12% annually. People in suicide crisis face lengths of stay four times longer than other emergencies. Throughput delays result in costs and lost revenue for hospitals. New regulations and workforce shortages drive health systems’ urgent need for technology solutions.
Jaspr Health’s tablet-based solution transforms hours of waiting into an opportunity for evidence-based interventions, powerful videos of individuals with lived experience to instill hope, a library of comfort and skills exercises, and EHR-integrated assessment to inform disposition decisions. Jaspr targets improved patient outcomes, satisfaction, and throughput ROI.
At Jaspr Health, you’ll join a small team of technologists building a product that saves lives. We use Django, React, and React Native to build apps that support both care providers and patients. You’ll help us build high availability software with exceptionally low downtime (four 9’s or better). Your ideas and feedback will directly impact what we focus on and how we build it. If you are looking for an impact role where your work matters, read on.
- 2+ years experience working with:
– Postgres or MySQL
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to improve America’s healthcare system
- Ability to work effectively with a fully remote team
- Experience working with the following technologies:
– React Native
– Python 3.x
– Amazon Web Services
– Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- Knowledgeable in the release process for iOS and Android apps
- Deep understanding of UI automation testing (Selenium et al)
- Startup experience including delivering under challenging timelines and requirements
How to Apply
In your application, please:
- Attach a PDF of your cover letter. In your cover letter, introduce yourself and explain why this position is of interest to you, and why you would be a great fit.
- Attach a PDF of your resume.
Submit your application directly to Todd Cullen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the form below.