Jaspr Health is on a mission to reduce death by suicide. We are a Seattle-based company founded and advised by the world’s experts in mental health and behavioral psychology, and our technology is enabling healthcare systems to deliver evidence-based suicide prevention at scale.
Why is our work important? Simply put, hospital emergency departments are the front line to prevent suicide, yet few are equipped for the increasing patient load — 14.5 million behavioral health emergencies per year, growing 12% annually. People in suicide crisis face lengths of stay four times longer than other emergencies. Throughput delays result in costs and lost revenue for hospitals. New regulations and workforce shortages drive health systems’ urgent need for technology solutions.
Jaspr Health’s tablet-based solution transforms hours of waiting into an opportunity for evidence-based interventions, powerful videos of individuals with lived experience to instill hope, a library of comfort and skills exercises, and EHR-integrated assessment to inform disposition decisions. Jaspr targets improved patient outcomes, satisfaction, and throughput ROI.
Our company is growing, and we are now looking for a Clinical Product Subject Matter Expert to join our team. If you are the person we’re looking for, you are able to represent the clinical needs and pressing problems of individuals experiencing mental health challenges, their families, and the healthcare providers and care settings that will deploy our technology. You are motivated by the idea of creating a product that assists in improving and saving lives, and you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and work hard with an equally motivated team. If that’s you, we’d love to talk.
We Need You To…
- Work closely with the executive team to elaborate our clinical strategy and vision.
- Work closely with the Product Team to effectively translate evidence-based practices and other scientific findings into highly satisfying user experiences
- Ensure our products maintain fidelity to the evidence-based practice, drive optimal clinical outcomes, and maintain the highest levels of quality and safety
- Educate and engage with internal and external stakeholders, customers, and professional colleagues; attend conferences, join sales meetings, and otherwise support sales and marketing efforts
- Support product R&D through knowledge of ethics, protection of human subjects and research methods
…You Definitely Have These
- Highly competent in one or more evidence-based interventions for care of suicidal individuals: Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality, Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Suicide Prevention, Safety Planning Intervention, brief cognitive behavioral therapy for suicide. Commitment to evidence-based practice without allegiance to a particular treatment
- Competent in one or more transdiagnostic treatment approaches (e.g., Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Behavioral Activation, Unified Protocol). Experienced prioritizing treatment of common transdiagnostic mechanisms or processes with “kernels” of common elements rather than rigid use of a protocol. Competent in practicing Progress Monitoring, Measurement Based Care and Treat to Target.
- Strong training in behaviorism or contextual behavioral science. Excellent validation skills. Excellent non-judgmental and effectiveness skills.
- Good presenter and speaker—able to join sales calls, present at professional conferences, clearly share ideas to teams and customers
- Prior experience working in health tech or training in human centered design
- Clinical psychologist (PhD, PsyD) or comparable healthcare background using scientist-practitioner model
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
…And You May Even Have These!
- Knowledgeable in care of both adolescents and adults
- Experience practicing in crisis care settings like emergency departments, urgent behavioral care centers, mobile crisis teams
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org